Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 17-19

I'm a little behind again- my FB friends know what I've been doing- fun stuff! Not only was I behind in my blog but I was behind in my reading and spending time with God. I started feeling really cranky and thought, "What is wrong with me?". Ahhh......I know....just thought you might appreciate the fact that is a DAILY struggle for ALL of us to put God first.

After some interesting reading.....things got boring again and now April 18 is just jam packed with good stuff! The first thing that caught my attention is that David says that he had the plans for the temple "in writing, from the hand of the Lord upon me and he gave me understanding in all the details of the plan". David was talked to and reprimanded and given instruction by prophets and seers, but it apprears that regaurding the temple, God communicated with him directly.

He instructs the people to "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you." God will see to it that His house is finished. I think that this can be applied to anything we do for God- even parenting. Ultimately, we are being the hands of God, helping build 'His people' (same could be true for any kind of work for the Lord) and we need to do 'the work' and do it well and with skill, but don't be anxious about it- it is HIS work and HE will bring it to completion.

David gives generously out of his personal treasure. I'm sure he has accumulated a lot of treasure as king. But he would not have had any of it if he was still a stinky shepherd boy. It all came from the Lord....and he gives a lot of it back. We have no problem giving our 'personal treasure' to our beloved children but for some odd reason, it seems much harder giving it back to the one that gave it to us. David is even humbled by the fact that he is ABLE to give to God. "Who am I and who are you people, that we are ABLE to give as generously as this? Everything comes from You and we have given You only what comes from Your hand".

I've heard a lot of messages preached on this topic. It still needs to sink into THIS thick skull!! God doesn't need it any more than I 'need' the chewed up yucky thing that I demand when I tell my dogs to 'Give it!". Sometimes when they have a 'good' toy, I will make them 'Give it", so that they stay in "practice". I give it back to them, it was just a test. Or maybe I'll even give them a treat. I love the mutts..so I train them. It's what's good for them. And they learn to pay more attention to me instead of being off doing their own thing.  If I can do that with my dogs, think how much more we can trust God with whatever thing He is telling us "Give it" and we have our jaws clenched around and look up with those puppy dog eyes saying "I don't wanna....."  Give it- the master knows best!!

No comments: