Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 30 addendum

     As I published the blog for March 30 I saw an advertisement. It was for "My Jewish Learning". I was taken to an easy to understand website about Israel became a state in 1947. That was either quite the coincidence or a God thing. Probably the latter. Anyway, I will include the link here as I did on our FB group and also on the links to the side.
     I signed up for the free email, which gives you Jewish history lessons in small little 'bites'. I know for myself, that I barely got American history straight, and that was back when they taught it correctly! We owe it to ourselves to understand Jewish history if we really want to understand the Bible and way that God is unfolding human history and the end times. And it is very intersesting to learn about from the perspective of it being the one of the greatest fullfillments of Biblical prophesy ever- Israel coming back into their land and yet we do not know as much about it as we should. At least speaking for myself.
    In light of our Chronological reading, we are in the time of the Kings. And there will be many kings, most of them wicked. David will be next and then his son, King Solomon. After King Solomon, the kingdom will be divided in two and the only one that remains, the southern kingdom Judah, will finally become so wicked that they are carried away into captivity in Babylon (modern day Iran). God always promises to bring them back and He does, but they do not rule themselves again. First they are ruled by the Assyrians, the Greeks and then the Romans (I may have missed one), then Ottaman's and all the other AD one's which are a big blur to me right now. But then in 1947- as God always promised in the Bible- He brought them back from North, East, South and West (remember He promised Abraham that He was giving his decendants the land as an everlasting inheritance). In our very own century (well, I guess it was the last century, but we were all born in it, unless you are under 10 years old) ISRAEL became a state again and is ruling itself!!!!!!!! After 3000 years!!!!!!!!!
    I am obviously off on a sidetrack here. But I know that the magnitude of this did not really settle on me until I was there. And I really wanted to share with anyone who will listen because it is a miracle that you will NEVER hear about in the news!!!! Shalom.
     http://www.myjewishlearning.com/israel/History/1948-1967.shtml

No comments: