Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sept 13

Every day in the reading of Job, amidst the annoying friends and endless monologues there is a beautiful treasure. Today's is HUGE. It seems in the midst of Job's suffering and longings God gives him a prophecy. I'm not sure in the midst of his suffering that he even recognizes it as a prophecy. But he has a very keen aweness of how things will be in the distant future. And I'm sure that is what kept him going and it's the same for us today! I marvel at the whole passage- Job 19:25-27
 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet  in  my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

It's hard to express how profound this is. It's thought to be one of the earliest works of scripture and yet Job knows that he will stand with his Redeemer, on the earth after he has died (presumably in the Mellenium).

When we were in Seattle one time, we got to watch a long running Passion Play. We were lucky that Nichole C. Mullen was there that day as a special guest. As dusk decended on the play and Christ was crucified, she sang her song, "Redeemer". At the point where she belts out "I KNOW my Redeemer lives" the hillside lit up with angels and Christ arose. It was really, really awesome. It won't be the same, but enjoy her youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p4G2GbPYQA

No comments: