Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sept 17

If you watched the "Redeemer" video that I posted (Nichole C. Mullen) a few days ago, much of the verses come from today's reading where God speaks. ("Who told the ocean you can only come this far".........)

As God reviews all His creation with creation with Job, one stuck out a me. Job 39:9 "Will the wild ox consent to serve you? will he stay by your manger at night?" I wondered if this was forshadowing of the Messiah and the way He was born. I couldn't find any commentary to back it up. Just a thought. Some versions say 'unicorn' which people say might be a rhino but as far as I know, a rhino doesn't eat from a manger, so wild ox seems more logical to me.

The other interesting thing to me is that Job 41 decribes a seriously large reptile! I can't think of any modern animal that it would equate with offhand. Certainly sounds like a dinosaur to me! Even people who do not believe the Bible is the Word of God would have a hard time explaining how ancient literature so perfectly describes what would call a dinosaur.

The most awesome thing about this passage, however, is trying to imagine the awe the Job must have felt as God spoke. I can't help thinking about how the Cowardly Lion was all blustery and tough talking when they were going to see the Wizard. And the first time the "Wizard" spoke, the Lion got so scared he jumped through the window. A humorous example, but you get the idea. Job felt like dust compared to God. But, even though (as the author points out) all our questions are not completely answered, eventually everything is put right. Job's friends are rebuked (imagine how they must have felt!!) and Job's former wealth and prosperity are restored even greater than before. He got double for his trouble :)

No comments: