Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sept 14

One thing that has struck me about reading Job this time that I have never noticed is that he apparently has other family and friends. Job 19:13-20 talks about how his brothers are alienated from him, his aquintances estranged, his servants no where to be found. His intimate friends dispise him, his kinsman have left him. Almost always in every tragedy we hear people say "At least I have ___________(my kids, my parents, my church family- whatever; fill in the blank". But EVERYONE has turned on Job. Ealier in the chapters, there are illusions to his father too. Where is he now??

With absolutley everything and everyone against him, Job is still able to say, "I treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread" Job 23:12. He truly had so much of God's Word in him before all this struck, that it was able to sustain him.

No comments: