Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feb 7

Num 10-11   I am SO glad we are done counting for a while. (And I thought the Count would be a cuter pic than the Israelites eating so much quail that it came out of their nostrils).

Before I talk about what we read today I'll share with you what I have been comtempleting the last couple days. I was thinking about Math. I was just good enough in math to get a good grade in Advanced Algebra. I studied whatever we were working on real hard, took the test and forgot it. But what I've been thinking is this: God LOVES math!! God INVENTED math! All those crazy formulas and everything work because He made them that way. We, as humans, don't invent anything, we DISCOVER things. And of course, like the Count: God loves counting!! Every single person counts!

So the Israelites are whining again! It is so tempting to be super judgemental of them.....but I don't know about you, but I have a pretty good assortment of food in my cupboard and fridge, a pretty comfy bed and I haven't had to pick sand out of any inconvenient places since my last trip our beautiful beach. And with all these luxuries, I have on occasion indulged in whining myself. I was going to say "on rare occasion" but my sister and people I work with read this, so I have to tell the truth :)

The last thing that caught my attention was actually first in the reading. The trumpets of hammered silver. For one thing I was suprised that they had the know how to make a silver trumpet. You would think that the rams horn type trumpet or shofar would be much more common. I would guess they learned that in Egypt with the rest of their skills. Trumpets were often used in the Bible to gather people together. And I am looking forward to the greatest trumpet blast of all when Jesus comes back!! 1 Thess 4:16-18



No comments: