Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 10

Numbers 20-21  In preparation for my trip, I'm busy reading travel blogs. I just read today about the Jabbok River and the Kings Highway which our reading mentions. No pics of the Kings Highway but that little river to the left is the Jabbok River. It is also where Jacob wrestled with God and Jacob and Esau reunited. It's easy to forget that these are REAL places that we read about. I hope this guy doesn't mind I lifted his travel photo. What a treasure these travel blogs are- they are totally new to me. I will not be traveling here- it's in Jordon. This guy gets around! I want to read more of his!! I hope when I do my travel blog that it will help make the Bible come alive for you. I know that there is nothing like being there- but I'll do my best.

Moses strikes the rock. I've got to give Moses a break here. True, he disobeyed God and had to pay the consequences. But if I had to wander around the desert with a whiney, disobedient group like this (not to mention eating the SAME THING every day for FORTY YEARS) I probably would have had that rod beating on something much sooner!! Of course, I'm sure that the deeper meaning is that Jesus is The Rock and life giving water is given freely. You don't have to 'beat it'. But I'm just saying, I would have 'cracked' much sooner than Moses.

The battles they have are a quick summary here and will be elaborated on more in Deut. But since we've been talking about giants, check out King Og of Bashan- his bed was 13 feet long and 6 feet wide. Deut. 3:11 (net bible thinks that "sarcofagus"it is better translated coffin- that would make sense! My bed is 6 feet x 6 feet but I don't take up all that space :)

The Bronze Serpant: We don't even have to guess that this is a picture foreshadowing salvation. We are told in the NT. John 3:14. It didn't keep them from being bitten- everyone is 'bitten' by sin. But doing what they were told was there salvation. Being a 'died in the wool' snake hater- that's all I have to say about that! This photo is a replica that is on Mt Nebo where you can see where Moses looked over the Promised Land before he died.




No comments: