Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12

And again, the Israelites do not inquire of the Lord as to what to do.........Hmmm........didn't we just have that problem at Ai? Well, it's not as easy as it sounds, human nature being what it is, it's just not that easy to "inquire of the Lord" when you have your own ideas.

I just blogged about this and turned right around and screwed it up myself. Since I got home from my trip, I have soooo much that I need to do, sooo much I want to do...sooo much I should do...  Laundry, cleaning, paying bills, mail sorting, start my exercise program back up, finish editing my travel blog, start being more regular with my Bible blog, read the parts I missed, work on my pictures and photo albums., when was my daughter in law's baby shower again? I need to get plane tickets to see my exchange student graduate (when?) and oh yeah....what about going to see Joyce Meyer in GR.....on and on and on. I haven't even located my date book and moved back into a 'non-travel' purse. So, I was half stewing/half praying (if you count upwardly complaining as praying) about everything this morning and I had the DUH moment. I had not even inquired of the Lord. I asked the Lord to help me set my priorities and do what needs to be done and to help me know which order to do things in.

I didn't 'hear from heaven' right then, but while I was driving to work, I had this strong impression :'clean the house'. Oh, man, that's what I would put last on the list. So, I thought about it and I thought that probably everything else would go smoother if I had things tidied up and I could figure out where things were and I would be more at peace in a 'better' enviornment (ps. where did that maid go that made my bed every day for 11 days??).

I got the chance to work 1/2 day today so I thought ,GREAT...I'll catch up a little. Knowing that I should get cleaning, I reasoned....I WILL clean the house, just as soon as I finish this one 'quick' one hour photo book. I want to be able to give it my friend who went with me on Sunday (not to mention show it off at our fellowship group on Sat). Then I had to pick it up, so as long as I was at Meijers I got a few groceries. Go thome, ate,  paid a few bills..........got the last bill paid at 7pm and then just like someone pulled a plug- all the energy drained right out of me. And I still could not see the top of my dresser or bathroom vanity and I was in no mood to clean the clutter.  Now to those of you who are neat freaks and very organized perhaps this scenario doesn't resonate with you. But, I just thought it was so funny how I can blog about 'inquiring of the Lord' and so quickly screw it up!! I did suck it up and do at least a 'parital spiffy'. I can see my dresser and sink at least. But, I can't help but think how much more smoothly things would have went if I would have listened to what I felt the Lord was telling me to do.

No comments: