Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 30 Ex.29-31

God certainly is into details!! Because He is so Holy everything had to be 'just perfect' to approach Him. Thank goodness the price has been paid through Jesus for us to have fellowship with Him at any time.....any where.......in any circumstance!

Like I said yesterday, it is amazing (though admittedly boring) that we have all these details. If they unearthed some 3000 year old document that told down to the last fringe what people wore, how they worshiped etc. historians would be all over it. But since it's 'the Bible' it is largely ignored by secular historians.

Of course redemption and ransom are a frequent theme in the OT. I was smiling to myself thinking what an uproar it would be if in the upcoming census the census taker would come to the door and hold out his hand and ask for ransom money.  In shock you say "What?" (thinking' I didn't see anything on CNN about this!!'). "Yes" the census taker grunts (he's said it 1000 times and is getting annoyed), "God gave you life, your life is His, you have to buy it back". Wait a minute you're thinking....I must have missed that in the fine print. I know I skimmed it...but who reads that stuff? The census taker shifts impatiently. "Come on, half a shekel, I got more houses to go to!!". You scramble for your wallet or purse totally up in your head what you've already given (..a half an ephah of this, a half a hin of that, one of my first born lambs.....) When does it end?!! Happily, it has at Calvary! Paid in full! I love it!

No comments: