Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24

Oops, I included all of the reading for Jan 24 on Jan 23. I guess I wanted to keep all the plagues together. That's ok, it gives me one more day to prepare for and think about one of my favorite subjects- Passover. I remember when our former associate Pastor (who I used to tease about being a Baptist Jew who liked to watch the Catholic channel) held a Sedar (passover) dinner for us. It was shortly before that the lightbulb went off in my brain: Jesus and His disciples were celebrated more than the famed "Last Supper" they were celebrating Passover! There is SO much info on symbolism of Passover and how it represents Christ that I won't be able to do it justice. I will probably end up posting some links to check out if you are interested and post what I feels speaks to me.

I'm never sure when I sit down at the computer how these blogs are going to turn out. They just kind of happen. Hopefully, it is the Spririt leading me. I've had good feedback (you all keep me going more than you know!) and so I'll keep plugging away. I'm not a theologian, I've not been to Bible school, but I just LOVE God's word. And I love to share my love it :)

I've been thinking about what kind of little gift from the Holy Land I can get for people if they finish out the whole year with reading through the Bible. Maybe a little coin or something.

No comments: