Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 28 Ex 25-28

I am just facsinated by the Tabernacle. I love to study about all the different items..how each one has meaning and is a picture or symbolism for something. My sister however- it puts her in coma!

So I'll try to share a few thoughts that might interest those of you like my sister how are nearly comatose by now. And for the rest of you weirdo's like me, I put on link to more study our facebook page. Even for me, the contruction details were a little boring but just think how amazing it is that there are such detailed instructions that we can today re-contruct with incredible detail that is almost 3000 years old!!

The most facsinating thing for me is that it seems to be an earthy picture of something that is actually in heaven. Hebrews 9 tells us that these are all COPIES of what is in heaven and that Christ as our new high priest went into the Holy of Holies in heaven and placed His blood there for the forgiveness of sins once and for all on our behalf.
The whole chapter is beautiful (http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Hbr&c=9&v=1&t=NIV#top)
but I especially like these verses
Hbr 9:10 They (the sacrifices etc) are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings-external regulations applying until the time of the new order.
Hbr 9:11 When Christ came as high priest of the good things that are already here,  he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not man-made, that is to say, not a part of this creation.
Hbr 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption.
Hbr 9:23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Hbr 9:24 For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence


I won't spend time right now on the priest garments, but here is a website that gives all the details.

No comments: