Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 8 Thoughts

-SLOW learners we/they are!!
-Abraham lies again!
-We are told in this passage that it's not 'really' a lie. I've tried to teach my kids that definition of a lie is the INTENT to deceive
-And what about Lot and his daughters! Talk about being saved by the skin of your teeth and then falling right back in sin! And hasn't this getting drunk right after a big 'save' been done before (Noah)?! At least Noah remembered the Lord and built an altar and made a sacrifice first
-I still don't get why he bargained for the city of Zoar and then was too afraid to live there.
-The author points out that Abraham does not find out what happens to Lot. I find that hard to believe, as someone has to preserve the oral history until it is written down and WE do know what happened.

No comments: