Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan 8 thoughts

I am not an expert on Islam but one thing that strikes me is that the LORD provided for Hagar and Ishmael. This does not sound like the description you hear of Ala. He is impersonal. I have heard there is a sense of fatalism associated with Ala- "Whatever Ala wills, he wills" This is a very personal God who saves them. One who was persauded to not destroy Sodom if he found 10 righteous people. This is a God who reveals Himself and wants relationship with humankind. This is NOT Ala!!

I absolutely loved hearing a former Muslim (now Christian professor) telling about the difference between God and Ala on a John Ankerberg show. I also remember him telling that this story of Hagar and Ishmael being sent away and then 'saved' is a picture of all gentiles. They were not originally part of God's family because of the need to have the Messiah's line in a people 'set apart' for God. But God found them, as He does us and saved them! (I mentioned this before on the site but put it here in case I ever want to find it using the search feature)

No comments: