Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan 14 Gen 31-33

Well, these are not your 'flannel graph, Sunday School' Bible stories and it's about to get worse!

My sister says it's worse than a Soap Opera. Indeed! The world in need of a Savior!

To me the most significant thing today was the name change from Jacob (meaning the deceiver) to Israel (God fights). It put me in mind of how when we are saved, we have a 'new nature' but the 'old nature' ('deceiver') is not dead and buried, it raises it's ugly head all the time and it doesn't take Jacob long to be deceiving his brother and taking a route other than what he said he was going to.

No comments: