Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fresh insight....May 6

I mentioned yesterday that I was struggling reading the Psalms. And don't get me wrong I love them.....I use them in my prayer/praise time. They are beautiful. But to just read them......especially that many of them, my eyes were glossing over. And I hate it when that happens. I don't want to read to just say I 'did it', I want to be growing and learning.

God gave me a fresh insight today. I think my problem was that they were TOO familiar. I glanced at tommorows reading and found myself almost saying: "as the deer pants for the water....blah blah blah....". Then I remembered that I LOVE Psalm 119 in the Message version. I had been talking to one of our members about this. Then I decided to reread today's reading completely from the Message version. Wow, it was an eye opener. Because I wasn't reading it almost from memory and had to REALLY read it (plus being in modern language) it just really was fresh for me.

Here is Psalm 4 from the Message. See if it doesn't give you fresh insight as well.
A David Psalm


1 When I call, give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;

Now I'm in trouble again: grace me! hear me!

2 You rabble—how long do I put up with your scorn?

How long will you lust after lies?

How long will you live crazed by illusion?

3 Look at this: look

Who got picked by God!

He listens the split second I call to him.

4-5 Complain if you must, but don't lash out.

Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking.

Build your case before God and wait for his verdict.

6-7 Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.

"More, more."

I have God's more-than-enough,

More joy in one ordinary day

7-8 Than they get in all their shopping sprees.

At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,

For you, God, have put my life back together.
 
 
Wow, is all I can say. It really spoke to me. If you want to read more Psalms in this version, click on this link and then change the Psalm number to read any one you want.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20119&version=MSG
 
Hope that you were able to make it to some of the National Day of Prayer activities. Blessings.

No comments: