Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28

Almost took a 'pass' on blogging today. I was busy becoming a grandma, but then I realized what an easy blog it would be and how perfectly it fits. When I found out my daughter in law had gone to the hospital in labor, I was kind of at loose ends. Didn't want to hang out at the hospital, this was their time. Didn't really want to start projects at home......too distracted. I found the perfect pass time. I had just picked up the old movies that I had made onto DVD. 1955-1965ish. They set them to 'easy listening music' which sort of fit the era and I sat drifting back in time. My mom in her 20's....my great grandma working in her flowers, my older brother (no blood relation but never try to tell him he's not my brother or vice versa) in his childhood, my beloved aunt whose now gone (no blood there either- my brother's mother-it really makes perfect sense to us!)

 Any way, I charged my son with the task of texting me with updates every hour and settled in to watch the past unfold. Oh my goodness.....my mom and brother tobogganing and skiing........beautiful fall foliage and and streams and camping and sunsets.......my grandpa grilling steaks on the bbq pit that he built....grandma and grandpa (who are with Jesus now) at my 1st birthday party.... Oh my gosh. I don't know if it was the emotion of becoming a grandma today today or watching an era gone by and loved ones now gone (prob both)..but by the time I got the text that they were going to do a c-section, I was already in a puddle of tears. What a day of re-living the past and reaching into the future through a new life. And oh my.....the new little one looks like m baby picutres, my son's baby pictures and my side of the family. Even my daughter in laws dad he looks like my son. An amazing day!!

Is this not the whole theme of Ecclesiastes? Seasons come and go! Nothing really new under heaven. The author gets a little depressing there for a while which just doesn't fit with my mood today (though there were a lot of tears, I don't think I would say depressing described it..but I do so miss the loved ones)....Truely  generations come and generations go (Eccl 1:4) wow....I lived it today!

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

 a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot, ........

a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance.


Thank you blessed Father, for generations past of faithful followers. And thank you so much for new life, hope and future!!!! Thank you Jesus for the safe arrival of my grandson. I don't want to take any moment for granted.

No comments: