Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 25

The Song of Solomon almost doesn't seem to fit the theme of the Bible at first glance...it's not historical, it's not rules, it's not wisdom.......it's just really, really different. I used to think that it was pretty weird until it was explained to me that the things that sound really weird are culture differences. I'm sure most people realize that it is no longer a compliment to tell a woman whe reminds them or a mare harnessed to one of Pharorah chariots. I think it's actually best to avoid all references to horses :)  As far as theme- many have said that it can be a story of Christ and Chrurch. No matter what the 'real' theme is, it tells us that there is more to the 'religious' life than rules and regs. Our forefathers came to this country with great religious ideas but aslo a lot of a lot of Puritan man made rules. I wonder if the ever dared read this! But God is showing us that love and emotions are not only normal but OK.

And as Forrest Gump would say......that's all I have to say about that.......

No comments: