Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27

As we mentioned early on, Solomon's wives are destined to bring him trouble. He didn't just let his wives 'do their thing' he FOLLOWED the false gods 1 Kings 11:7-8. And he followed the most DETESABLE gods! Molech who known for requiring children be sacrificed to him by fire, and Chemosh who was also apparently worshiped by human sacrifice. This is serious stuff!! For the wisest man who ever lived!!

Isn't this just like us. We think we are smart enough to handle something. Maybe a friendship that isn't right, a little flirtation with someone who is not your spouse. After all, I'm smart enough not to let anything happen...well, the wisest man who ever lives was not able to avoid being stupid, so what makes us think we are any better?  For the loooooongest time my 'vice' was soaps. How could I possible dump 3 hours of junk a day into my head and not think it would affect me?  Not only was it putting junk in there, it was also wasting valuable time that I should have been studying and learning God's Word.

I also found it interesting that it says that Jeraboam rebelled. Maybe there is more to the story than we see right now but the way it seems to read is that he was walking along minding his own business and a prophet tells him that he is going to have a good share of the kingdom. Even thought this seems to be all part of the 'plan' Jeraboam seems to still be held accountable for having carried it and rebelling against the king.

No comments: