Chronological Bible 2010 Facebook Blogspot

Anyone in the Facebook Chronological Bible Reading Group is free to post! If you would like to post- let me know and I'll set you up as an 'author'.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23

Some people are the kind of people who can pick a task, work on a task and complete a task. Me, not so much....I get overwhelmed....and I think about all the other things I'd need or want to do and how this one thing is taking all my time. Whenever I do start a project, like really cleaning my bedroom, and I do focus on it for a whole day, by the end of the day, usually at least half my closet is still on my bed being sorted out. Should it go to goodwill? the basement? back in closet? throw it away? It's not even the cleaning I hate so much it's the decisions!! 

So, I'm taking a new tactic. I have a master list and I set the kitchen timer and work on projects for a given amount of time. This has all been great and it has really led to some big accomplishments (in my mind). I thought that my scrapbook stuff and the spare room would both take days to complete but with 45 min of solid work with the kitchen timer ready to go off to keep me on task both tasks are in really good shape. Almost ready to be crossed off the "to do" list. But even with this master list, the book I'm reading (just finished) reminded me I need to have God in control of the list. Specifically ask him to direction what HE would like me to do. After work last night, my 'list' called for 15 min 'spiffy' around the house. On my way home, I asked the Lord if HE had anything different to impress on heart. You know what my heart said? Go for a walk!! It was an easy 12 shift but I really NEVER feel like going for a walk after a 12 hour shift. But, I felt like that was the impression. The book said to 'start small' trying to hear God's voice. Well, this was pretty small...not like asking should I move to Tim-buck-too or not. So...I went for a walk. I enjoyed it SO much. Took the dogs and the hubby. It was great.

Back to the list. I've been doing so well on my list, my scrapbooking and archiving stuff that I haven't 'felt' like getting outside and doing my spring chores. This isn't like me and as far as I can remember it's the first time this has ever happened. Maybe it started when every day I wanted to be out was cold or wet. Or maybe because I'm worried my back will bother me (maybe that's an 'agreement' I need to break). At any rate, you can barely walk on my path because of the overgrowth. I've waiting for the motivation (that's stupid) to get out and do it.

So back to giving God control over my list. I've been praying, Lord, you know that I have way more on my list than I can possibly accomplish, so I need you to show me what to do and in what order. So I've been listening for impressions in my heart and clues in His word. Guess what jumped off the page in today's reading? Prov 24:27 FINISH YOUR OUTDOOR WORK, and get your fields ready, after that build your house. (Ok that was funny, the first time I had the reference wrong and it said Prov 24:7- Wisdom is unattainable for a fool. LOL hmmmm) Now, I'm sure other people glossed right over that, because it was not 'the Word' for them. But God does speak to us in His word and we need to listen for it. So, guess what I'll be doing this week?

No comments: